Welcome to All in One Bonsa

Bitten by the Bug


Welcome to All in One Bonsai...a blog that aims to remind me of what I have forgotten. Over the years I have been finding out as much as I can about the art of bonsai. I hope the information in this blog will shed some light to the beginning bonsai enthusiast out there.


I saw some bonsai trees at a corner market one night in Taipei and asked the guy if he was willing to teach me how to create these miniature trees. He directed me to a night school where all the instruction was in Chinese. My Chinese ability is very ordinary at the least so although I was learning bits and pieces, I really wasn't getting all I wanted from the course. The best parts were when the teacher would start pruning a beautiful tree or when he showed us how to repot a bonsai. The mystery was still out there but my interest wasn't waning, if anything it fueled my motivation to find out more. And so I did.


Let the adventure begin...


Recently I have discovered the joy of pottery. Bonsai and pottery are close friends so it was only a matter of time before I was introduced to her. Welcome to All in One Bonsai...and pottery.


Feel free to visit my site where you can purchase some of my handmade pottery. Quite a few pieces have been wood fired as it is the prefered method here in Taiwan:


Esty Shop: AllinoneCeramics




Wednesday 18 December 2013

Pottery

A Table for Two and anyone else 

I don't know why but I do like the look of an attractive table or a door with character.  One theory:

Tables can be the place where friends or family sit down and either talk, eat or drink.  I like this image....especially with friends.

Doors are the entry and exit points from your inside and outside worlds.  A good door is also the first thing that welcomes visitors.  A good door keeps you safe at night.  Everybody should have a nice door.  

Anyway, a mate and I sit at a wooden table most Friday afternoons, beer in hand,  and talk about recent happenings.  It's a good way to end the week.  

I tried to recreate the wooden table out of clay.  It looks something like this:


It is a small table found just outside a small German restaurant.

Those cups are filled with German beer.
                                 
     The seats are also made out of wood.  Little stumps that get more comfortable after each beer.  I am yet to make them but I think I will.

Enjoy the holiday season everyone!  And may your cup always be filled...


1 comment:

  1. Nice work mate! and thanks! (I'm the proud recipient of this little work) When you make the stools, make sure you make one of them look a little soggy.....some poor fool keeps sitting on the wet one for hours until he realises!

    ReplyDelete