Welcome to All in One Bonsa

Bitten by the Bug


Welcome to All in One Bonsai...a blog that aims to remind me of what I have forgotten. Over the years I have been finding out as much as I can about the art of bonsai. I hope the information in this blog will shed some light to the beginning bonsai enthusiast out there.


I saw some bonsai trees at a corner market one night in Taipei and asked the guy if he was willing to teach me how to create these miniature trees. He directed me to a night school where all the instruction was in Chinese. My Chinese ability is very ordinary at the least so although I was learning bits and pieces, I really wasn't getting all I wanted from the course. The best parts were when the teacher would start pruning a beautiful tree or when he showed us how to repot a bonsai. The mystery was still out there but my interest wasn't waning, if anything it fueled my motivation to find out more. And so I did.


Let the adventure begin...


Recently I have discovered the joy of pottery. Bonsai and pottery are close friends so it was only a matter of time before I was introduced to her. Welcome to All in One Bonsai...and pottery.


Feel free to visit my site where you can purchase some of my handmade pottery. Quite a few pieces have been wood fired as it is the prefered method here in Taiwan:


Esty Shop: AllinoneCeramics




Thursday 1 August 2013

Bonsai Figurines


Bonsai Figurines

Bonsai accessories are not everyone's preferred look as they believe the tree should stand alone in all its glory.  However, I like the effect they have on the overall tree.  I am of the feeling that they give scale and you are free to construct your own message.  

Penjing is an art where old fishermen, tea drinkers, scholars reading a book, a bridge or small temple are included in among dwarfed trees.  

At the moment I must say I enjoy positioning an old man reading a book under a tree.  Everyone has their opinion but the main point is to go with what you like.  I hope you enjoy looking at some of my bonsai accessories.  There are even a few that I have made myself!  

Two old friends discovering something new.

Taking a moment.

Waiting.

Trying to work it out.

Never too old.

She still cares about him.


I just bought a new book.

From here to there.

Green or black?

Something important.

Could be placed under a tree?

Looking far too important.

I made the next four myself.  Wood fired kiln water fountain.

Wood fired kiln.  After going to Japan I liked their old style water fountain.  

Electric kiln.  

Wood fired kiln.


Taking a break.
                                                  

                        My favorite.                               
Catching dinner.
Rest from the sun.
                                                 

1 comment: