Welcome to All in One Bonsa

Bitten by the Bug


Welcome to All in One Bonsai...a blog that aims to remind me of what I have forgotten. Over the years I have been finding out as much as I can about the art of bonsai. I hope the information in this blog will shed some light to the beginning bonsai enthusiast out there.


I saw some bonsai trees at a corner market one night in Taipei and asked the guy if he was willing to teach me how to create these miniature trees. He directed me to a night school where all the instruction was in Chinese. My Chinese ability is very ordinary at the least so although I was learning bits and pieces, I really wasn't getting all I wanted from the course. The best parts were when the teacher would start pruning a beautiful tree or when he showed us how to repot a bonsai. The mystery was still out there but my interest wasn't waning, if anything it fueled my motivation to find out more. And so I did.


Let the adventure begin...


Recently I have discovered the joy of pottery. Bonsai and pottery are close friends so it was only a matter of time before I was introduced to her. Welcome to All in One Bonsai...and pottery.


Feel free to visit my site where you can purchase some of my handmade pottery. Quite a few pieces have been wood fired as it is the prefered method here in Taiwan:


Esty Shop: AllinoneCeramics




Thursday 1 August 2013

Pottery

Some New Things

Making things with clay is good fun.  I think the key is to have a reason to make something. Once you work out what that reason is you will put all your energy into that piece.  

Living in Taiwan for the past 11 years I have been exposed to more Asian Art.  I wasn't really into any art when I was younger but now I get a lot of enjoyment from looking at different styles of art.  Below I have tried to play around and make things I like...

A Japanese sand garden.

I enjoy trees so I tried to make one from clay.

A dead branch.

It's easier making nice big roots like these with clay compared to growing them with your own bonsai.

A large tea cup or small noodle bowl.  Height - 8cm Width -  10.5 cm


A clay stone tea pot.  100% clay.

Annie's on the left, Marcus' on the right.

Electric kiln firing.


A sake vessel to get drunk from.  I like the imperfections.  The Japanese say there is perfection in the imperfect.  Pretty deep?

The other side.

Have to find a way to clean up the bottom part.

Wood fired pouring vessel.

No comments:

Post a Comment