Welcome to All in One Bonsa

Bitten by the Bug


Welcome to All in One Bonsai...a blog that aims to remind me of what I have forgotten. Over the years I have been finding out as much as I can about the art of bonsai. I hope the information in this blog will shed some light to the beginning bonsai enthusiast out there.


I saw some bonsai trees at a corner market one night in Taipei and asked the guy if he was willing to teach me how to create these miniature trees. He directed me to a night school where all the instruction was in Chinese. My Chinese ability is very ordinary at the least so although I was learning bits and pieces, I really wasn't getting all I wanted from the course. The best parts were when the teacher would start pruning a beautiful tree or when he showed us how to repot a bonsai. The mystery was still out there but my interest wasn't waning, if anything it fueled my motivation to find out more. And so I did.


Let the adventure begin...


Recently I have discovered the joy of pottery. Bonsai and pottery are close friends so it was only a matter of time before I was introduced to her. Welcome to All in One Bonsai...and pottery.


Feel free to visit my site where you can purchase some of my handmade pottery. Quite a few pieces have been wood fired as it is the prefered method here in Taiwan:


Esty Shop: AllinoneCeramics




Thursday 1 August 2013

Bonsai Pots


Bonsai Pots 

I also love bonsai pots.  Jack, his wife, and a mate of mine all went on a road trip to the middle of Taiwan to buy pots.  I recently just turned 40 but when I saw these pots I felt like I was 8 years old again.  The price was cheap and the quality reasonable....I think!  I thought they looked good anyway so I bought 400 of them.


Some close ups of a few more pots that I bought.  All I have to do now is plant some trees in them.  That is the hard part!
























  More will be uploaded in the future.  Stay tuned.  I may even attempt to make some of my own.


2 comments:

  1. Hello is there any shops in taiwan that sells bonsai tools and wires? I will be visiting taiwan on December.thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry, I haven't been checking my blog for a while and I have been in Australia. Are you still in Taiwan? If you are the Flower Market in the city is a good place to start. Let me know if you are in Taiwan and I can give you some more information.

      Delete